Sunday, January 22, 2017

Wilco - NPR Tiny Desk Oct 2011


January 22, 2017
Wilco - NPR Tiny Desk Oct 2011

I am going to try something different. I am going to do a review on a video. A concert video to be exact. I figured this would be fun to do, because it's different. So with that said lets start the review! I love Wilco.... Correction. I love Jeff Tweedy. Wilco is great, but they have some songs that I just think are kinda "so-so" I still think they are great. This video is great in every way. I really love all of NPR's Tiny Desk concerts. They always seem to have great singer songwriters and folk artists on there. This is no exception. I knew Wilco just from knowing the folk music scene, but I didn't really know them until my friend told me about Uncle Tupelo which is Jeff Tweedy's old band with Jay Farrar. I didn't really like Uncle Tupelo... I liked them I just love Jeff Tweedy. I love Tweedy's charisma and personality. I love his songwriting ability and his voice too. So I didn't like Uncle Tupelo, because it was all Jay Farrar really. anyway this Tiny Desk concert has four songs on it. Three which were on their most recent album at the time "The Whole Love". The first three songs Dawned On Me, Whole Love, and Born Alone were all from that album. War on War is the last song in this video and it is from an older album. The Whole love is so far my favorite Wilco album so of course I love this video. What I like the most about NPR's Tiny Desk concerts is that most of the time the songs are stripped down to a minimalist fashion. The way its just basic and simple appeals to me. I recommend you go watch this video! I give this video/concert 🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬 out of five! Extravagant!

I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Wilco, NPR, and dBpm Records.




No comments:

Post a Comment