Friday, January 27, 2017

Noah Gundersen - Brand New World


January 27, 2017
Noah Gundersen - Brand New World

In a massive late night music overhaul I scoured the vast web that is Spotify's "Related Artist" tabs and found Noah. I first listened to some of his most popular songs and liked enough to give him a follow. It wasn't until I saw a video for "Girl from the North Country" that he and David Ramirez had done on youtube that I started to really listen to him. I started with his newer stuff and bleh. It's not that it is bad, but being linked to David Ramirez I was expecting more of a folk guitar sound. I looked further and found it! This album matches it all! It's a mix of Death Cab For Cutie, Pedro the Lion, and Ryan Adams to me! I love this album. It's deep, its sad, and it is raw. I love the guitar work and of course Noah's vocals. Having Noah's sister Abby also adds a great touch to this album. The opening song on this record starts it off the way you would want it to! It hits you with a nice acoustic folk feel that tells you "hey this is going to be a folk record!) Noah's vocals follow it up with a hushed shy tone mixed with universal deep lyrics. Moss On A Rolling Stone is more of an upbeat song, but yet it matches the feel of the album. This song is more a chordal song and less of a finger picking jam. The song sounds upbeat, but it is also a deep meaning song. Burning Fences gets back to the folk roots while adding in Abby's soft sad violin sound. The song continues to hit you in the feel box with the lyrics "If you want to take me home baby tonight, I will go willingly, or if you like these city lights baby tonight I will go walking with you." I don't know if you feel the same way I do when that line hits, but it just gets to me. It is also the line the damn starts to so you know this song is going to be great. The First Song seems to be a song about a love that you have to leave or has left you. You can't seem to just rid yourself of it yet you have to go. More tugging on the heart strings. If the music you listen to doesn't make you feel then whats the point in listening? Winter by far has the best instrumentals in it. It isn't a slouch when it comes to the lyric department either. A song that seems to be about change, or death, or both. Something everyone has to go through at least a few times in life. The last song which is The Current State of Things seems to be about dreams and aspirations. Striving to want something more from life. What you need to and want to accomplish. A strive for for something better. This album all in all is fantastic. It hits you in the gut and makes you think. People always tell me "Ty, the music you listen to is almost always sad." I can't help it. The music I listen to is made from real people, real things. It's not made to rave to and to overlook. I like to feel connected to the artist and to feel connected to myself. I believe all the music I listen to and make accomplishes that. So with all that being said I give this song 🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅 out of five! Extravagant!

Favorite Tracks!
  1. Burning Fences
  2. Winter
  3. Brand New World

I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Noah Gundersen.



No comments:

Post a Comment