Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank


January 18, 2017
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

This album is important in the development of my music independence. I remember coming home from school when I was in junior high and turning on the countdown of alt rock on Fuse. This songs music video showed up and I fell in love with the song after that. I saved up enough money to finally buy the album this being on of the first albums I ever bought with my own money. Isaac Brock is such an odd character and his music style is rough. That's one of the reasons I like him and the band so much. They don't seem to give a fuck if you like them or not and I so happen to like them. Does that make me just as "weird" as them? What I love most about this album is what it has brought me. several of my best friends also love this band and this album. You're not weird when you surround yourself with like minded characters. This album gives me a personality. Not just this album, but what this album and many others started for me. This in my opinion was one of the best Modest Mouse albums, but it was also one of their most produced and "easy on the ears" album. It still has the rough, gritty, and unfiltered quality that all of Modest Mouse's music has. This band certainly is one that doesn't seem to sell out. This album and band are a unique flavor and isn't for everyone, but I encourage everyone to at least give it a try. I promise you'll find at least a line or part of the song you like or can relate to. I say no matter what you need to listen to this album. So do it! I give this album 🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭 out of five! Extravagant!

Favorite Tracks!
  1. Steam Engenius 
  2. We've Got Everything
  3. March Into The Sea
I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Modest Mouse, and Epic Records.



No comments:

Post a Comment