Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Avett Brothers - Emotionalism


February 2, 2017
The Avett Brothers - Emotionalism

The Avett Brothers are one of my favorite bands/groups when it comes to folk music. They have the best of both worlds if you ask me. They have a rock sound with heavy amounts of folk mixed in. This album is full of variety and spice. This album goes all the way down to the roots of The Avett Brothers. Let's be honest though the main reason I love this album is because of two songs. Those two songs are The Ballad Of Love And Hate, and I Would Be Sad. They can't describe me any better. The Ballad Of Love And Hate is to me a song of how love is so much better than hate and how it is great. The difference of love and hate and how love fills you with joy. I Would Be Sad is the complete opposite. It to me is a song about how a women wronged him and how it all is ending. That can't be more relevant in my life. Ten months I've spent trying to give everything I am and everything I could ever be to a woman. Just to have all my feelings returned and find out she felt the same way. We are in love. Ha foolish. Just like the songs they take a drastic turn. Ten months later here I am left alone while the woman I thought loved me takes back her ex boyfriend after all the bad things. I Would Be Sad fits everything so perfectly. The line "I meant what I said when I said I would settle down with you." I was willing to live with this girl. I loved her for years. Things were going my way. It was all working out. "I can tell by watching you, that there's no chance of pushing through." That describes the progression our relationship took. The next chunk of lines are the most relatable lines of them all. "I could live on without loving you. I was bluffing then, but it seems that just might have been the truth. My dad told me one day son this girl will think of what she's done and hurting you will be the first of many more regrets to come. And he said if she doesn't call then its her fault and its her loss I say it's not that simple see, but then again it just may be." A few lines later it says "I would be sad because I got left by a girl that I adore." It all describes my situation. Don't be sad. Don't worry and don't let anyone control your happiness. I am glad it's over. I am glad I learned what I deserve. You know what I wish I would learn? That this isn't a relationship blog. Jeez Ty stick to music. Music is emotion so it is easy to mix the two together. Regardless! I give this album 🐦🐦🐦🐦 out of five! Extravagant!

Favorite Tracks!

  1. The Ballad Of Love And Hate
  2. I Would Be Sad
  3. Hand-Me-Down Tune
I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to The Avett Brothers, and Ramseur Records.

1 comment: