Sunday, February 5, 2017

Joe Purdy - Julie Blue



February 5, 2017
Joe Purdy - Julie Blue

This was the first album I had heard from Joe Purdy and I only heard a few songs off that album. Some time later I finally am listening to the full album and I am liking it so far. One of the things that brings me to Joe is his simple deep guitar work and his stressed voice. He sings of what most singer songwriters and folk artist do. The lyrics aren't life changing, but they are well done. There is a few songs on this album that are short so it isn't hard to listen to the full album. The good thing is that none of the guitar really sounds the same on this album. His vocal melodies tend to overlap, but I believe that's just based on his voice. They aren't repetitive that they get annoying which is a positive. The sound of the album is soothing, and easy going. This album is certainly what I would show someone when trying to get them to listen to the artist more. I haven't heard any other of Joe's albums so I'll probably be doing just that. The thing I love the most about this album is it's stripped down just to guitar and simple other instruments and him. I prefer my music less big. I would much rather listen to a guy with just a guitar than I would a full band. This album gives you just that. So if you like folk singer songwriter music then give this one a go. I give this album 🐟🐟🐟.5 out of five! Extravagant!

Favorite Tracks!
  1. Whiskey And Fish
  2. Abbie's Song
  3. Mary
I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Joe Purdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment