Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Mandolin Orange - Such Jubilee


December 28, 2016
Mandolin Orange - Such Jubilee

I really love this album. This album holds such a special place in my heart. So many of these songs are associated with the love of my life and I. These aren't just songs to me. I first heard of Mandolin Orange when they were promotion their album "This Side Of Jordan" at the time I had the free version of Spotify so I had to listen to all the ads. Mandolin Orange had an ad on there supporting that album, and they sampled some of their music and I loved it. So I searched them out and became a huge fan of theirs. My favorite genre of music is sing songwriter/folk music anyway so these guys really hit my interest. They feature so much of the folk genre that you would love if you love that style of music. They have two people in the band Andrew Marlin, and Emily Frantz. Em and Drew both play guitar and other instruments as well as both sing. Drew and Em are also in a relationship together which makes it easier for me to connect these songs to my own love. This album is so iconic to me and who I am. I make my own folk music as well and I feel like I can match Drew's voice pretty well so its nice to sing and warm up to their songs. There is one song on here that means the most to me, it is my love and I's song. We both sing it in the car, and it makes me fall in love ten times harder. I'm not here to tell you about my love life, but it is so ingrained into this album that I can't help but mention it at least. There are many great songs on here ranging from love, to old folklore stories. the instrumentals to this album are so simple, calm, but superb at the same time. As much as I love Emily; one of the best things about this album is that Drew does most of the singing which I prefer. I love Em, but like I've stated in a previous blog I like male singers more than I do female singers. Emily has a fantastic voice and I love it when her and Drew sing together. The songs that are just her singing though are my least favorite, just because I love Drew's voice so much that I want more of him. Mandolin Orange had three albums before this one. "Quiet Little Room" "Make "Haste/Hard Hearted Stranger" and "This Side Of Jordan". They also have one album after this one "Blindfaller". "Such Jubilee" is by far my favorite album of them all though, probably because of the emotional connection. If you love soft mellow singer songwriter/bluegrass/folk music this album is top notch and you should totally give it a go! I give this album 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊 out of five! Extravagant!


Favorite Tracks!
  1. That Wrecking Ball
  2. Daylight
  3. Of Which There Is No Like

I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Mandolin Orange, and Yep Roc Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment