Sunday, December 25, 2016

Jeremih & Chance - Merry Christmas Lil' Mama


December 25, 2016
Jeremih & Chance - Merry Christmas Lil' Mama

Okay like I said in part one of this Christmas edition I don't listen to Christmas music however I saw this and had to. I am technically writing this blog on December 22, 2016 which is the same day this mixtape came out. I love Chance a lot. He is independent for starters which I always respect, because music labels always find ways to screw artists over. Chance has a fantastic voice, fantastic rapping skills, and all around musical talent. His flow and message is one of my favorite things about Chance. The fact that he isn't afraid to incorporate his faith into his music is admiral whether you believe or not. I wouldn't say he is a Christian artist, but he isn't afraid to show his faith. Jeremih isn't someone I have heard on his own, but I have heard many songs that he has been a part of and I've been super impressed. This is a mixtape which was released shortly after Chance released Coloring Book. Coloring Book was Chances first official album and its great too, but I'll review that later right now we will focus on Merry Christmas Lil' Mama. Is this a Christmas album? I will give you my opinion then you can form your own. I do think this is a Christmas album (kinda) it certainly has Christmas tones, but its not your traditional Christmas album, but what rap mixtape would be? Chance still covers the dangers of living where he grows up, and growing up as a person of color as described in the song Joy. There are numerous Christmas themes in this mixtape though like in the song Chi Town Christmas I mean it uses the rhythm of  Carol of the Bells! All around this is a nice mellow mixtape that really did come as a nice surprise on a Thursday morning. I always love to have more music from Chance! I'll give you guys a secret piece of info. Check out Favorite Song by Chance off of his Acid Rap mixtape. Its my two favorite rappers of all time (Chance & Gambino). I give this album/mixtape 🎄🎄🎄🎄 out of five! Extravagant!

Favorite Tracks!
  1. I'm Your Santa
  2. All The Way
  3. Joy


I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Chance The Rapper and Jeremih.

http://chanceraps.com/
http://jeremih.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment