Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls


December 21, 2016
Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls

This album is one of the best albums I have ever heard in my entire life. Actually Alabama Shakes is one of my favorite bands of all time. From the bluesy funky groove of the instrumentals, to the full powerful voice of Brittany Howard you just can't beat this band. They jolted semi-popular music with a refreshing sound. Popular music these days has become too pop and plastic sounding in my opinion, and having really great musicians bringing a blues sound to the radio was a great relief. Certainly they aren't as popular as most pop music these days, but just knowing they are commanding air time from some of the other artists is very nice to see. These guys deserve every ounce of success they gain. I remember listening to them when this album came out (which has only been since 2012) I didn't really give them a listen until I saw their video for "Don't Wanna Fight" from their album Sound & Color. After I saw that video on Facebook I instantly went to Boys & Girls and gave it a deep listening to. I honestly don't like female singers, but Howard is amazing! Not only is she one of my favorite female vocalists, she is one of my favorite vocalists in general! I really love blues music so I might be somewhat biased, but I think there is a great blend of other genres in their music for anyone to love what they got going on. If you love this album you will certainly love their follow up album Sound & Color! So get out there and check these guys out! I give this album 🎸🎸🎸🎸 out of five! Extravagant!

I know I keep doing albums that I give great reviews on, but I can't help it I love sharing the music I love! Recommend me some albums to review regardless of genre or artist. I will do a honest review, and would love doing so!

Favorite Tracks!
  1. Hang Loose
  2. Be Mine
  3. Heavy Chevy

I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Alabama Shakes and ATO Records.



No comments:

Post a Comment