Sunday, December 25, 2016

August Burns Red - Sleddin' Hill A Holiday Album


December 25, 2016
August Burns Red - Sleddin' Hill A Holiday Album

Break out your ugly Christmas sweater and get ready to head bang! August Burns Red's Christmas album is nothing but fantastic (well unless you hate metal). I don't get in to much metal anymore, but it used to be the only thing I listened to when I was younger. August Burns Red however has been the only metal band that has consistently remained in my life. I have seen these guys three times now and they keep getting better every time I see them. This album is a great take and rendition to all your favorite Christmas songs. It's pretty much just and instrumental album except for the songs Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, and Joy To The World. The album features all the great things about August Burns Red. The melodic yet heavy guitar from Brent and JB, the masterful drums from Matt, and the deep bass tones from Dustin the only thing it misses is Luke's vocals. Since its mainly an instrumental album and there are no vocals. That might make it easier for people to listen to since it isn't near as aggressive. This is part three to my Christmas special blog and I felt like I needed to represent a wide variety of genres. Give this a listen if you want to be pumped up and still celebrate the holidays! I give this album 🍪🍪🍪🍪 out of five! Extravagant!

Favorite Tracks!
  1. O Come O Come Emmanuel 
  2. Joy To The World
  3. We Wish You A Merry Christmas

I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to August Burns Red, and Solid State Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment