Sunday, December 18, 2016

Gorillaz - Gorillaz


December 18, 2016
Gorillaz - Gorillaz

Now this album, this album right here. This album is so influential to my music obsession, and my musical taste. Like most kids my age 2001-05 was prime for finding our music. Most of my favorite albums, songs, and bands all came around that era of time. Gorillaz released their self titled album in 2001 and it rocked my world man. Every song on this album is amazing minus "Latin Simone (Que Pasa Contigo)" in my opinion. It had two songs on it that I remember always hearing on the radio (Clint Eastwood, and 19-2000). This band, and album also hits me with intrigue, because of the Japanese anime animation feel of it. The fictional characters 2D, Murdoc Niccals, Russel Hobbs, and Noodle are all animated and play a huge role in forming the image of the band. This is by far my favorite Gorillaz album to date, a lot of Gorillaz songs after this album had the tendency to be more of a instrumental sound. I prefer this album, because pretty much every song has lyrics accompanying it, and I love hearing Damon Albarn's voice the UK voice works with this project. This album also has one of my favorite rappers of all time in it. Del The Funky Homosapien, Del is on two songs on this album (Clint Eastwood, and Rock The House,) Del's 90's style rap and flow mixes well with the backing track and funky instrumentals of those two songs. This album is a real flowy and ambient sounding project, and I love it. Gorillaz are suppose to be releasing a new album in 2017 and I hope that its like this album. So give this album a listen to and get yourself ready for the new album coming soon! I give this album 🐵🐵🐵🐵.5 out of five! Extravagant!

Favorite Tracks!
  1. Rock The House
  2. Clint Eastwood
  3. Punk 
I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Gorillaz and Parlophone Records.




3 comments:

  1. Ooo nicely written. I love the monkeys. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. You don't need a comma before "and" unless it's a list. ��

    ReplyDelete