Thursday, April 27, 2017

Middle Brother - Middle Brother



April 27, 2017
Middle Brother - Middle Brother

I am gonna take a stab at reviewing the self titled album by Middle Brother. Middle Brother is strange for me. I am not a huge fan of Deer Tick's singer "McCauley" which is one third of Middle Brother. I do love Dawes "Goldsmith" which might be it's saving grace. Although McCauley is the main vocalist in this band it seems to be a different style or a different sound to me. I didn't even really know that was him until my buddy told me it was the same guy. I love this album. I love it so much I played a concert with my buddy and his fiance recently and we actually played the song "Portland" from this album. Upon listening to the whole album there are many more songs on here that are leagues better than "Portland." The album starts off with a good array of songs right off the bat. "Daydreaming" and "Thanks For Nothing" are greatly written deep acoustic songs that really set the tone for the whole album. The self titled song is another great song. A fast, witty, and catchy tune. "Portland" is also in this middle section of the album. "Theatre" is a well composed powerhouse of a jam. It's full of energy and authority. This whole album really leads up to the final song. One of the greatest songs I have heard (In my opinion.) "Million Dollar Bill" has some of  the best lyrical writing I have heard. Also the transition and contrast between all three vocals adds a nice valued touch to the song. This song is full of quick verses with great meaningful lyrics. It really is one of the best ways to end an album. The full album is fantastic, but it all leads to this. This would be something I would recommend everyone to listen to! I give this album 👦👦👦👦 out of five! Extravagant! 


Favorite Tracks!
  1. Million Dollar Bill
  2. Middle Brother
  3. Blood and Guts

I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Middle Brother and Partisan Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment