Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Daniel Romano - Sleep Beneath The Willow


April 12, 2017
Daniel Romano - Sleep Beneath The Willow


I am new to Romano's work, but so far I love it. My first impression of Romano was that he sounds almost identical to Willie Nelson. Romano's singing so Willie Nelson-ish and his songwriting is almost like story telling. Romano has that "old country music" feel to him that I love. I still think he has more of a folk sound to him as well, but he does resemble much of what old country was. I have been listening to Romano since my friend found him randomly one day about a month ago. Romano so happens to be one of those artist that you find and they hardly have any bad songs. I think that really shows how genuine and authentic his songwriting and playing is. This album is the only album I have really gave a focused listen to; I sat down and really dove into what the songs are and what they are trying to say. The album starts out fantastic with a few songs about love and women like all old country songs right? Regardless it is a great start of the album to kinda show you what he is and how he is. The album only gets better towards the end in my opinion. Like most other music I have listened to or reviewed I tend to like the more down to earth and stripped versions of songs. That's what I think the end of this album is. It seems to be more just him and a guitar. Romano keeps the same theme throughout the whole album basically so you can really feel some emotion. I also don't even think this is Romano's best album I just feel like is a great starting point. I recommend everyone go and listen to this album and this guy in general. Especially if you are a fan of "old country" "folk" or just damn good tunes! I give this album 🐒🐒🐒🐒.5 out of five! Extravagant!

Favorite Tracks!
  1. Nothing
  2. There Are Lines In My Face
  3. Hard On You

I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Daniel Romano and You've Changed Records.


No comments:

Post a Comment