Thursday, March 30, 2017

Nathaniel Rateliff - Falling Faster Than You Can Run


March 30, 2017
Nathaniel Rateliff - Falling Faster Than You Can Run

Rateliff has become of my "idols" when it comes to music. His deep earthy sound and his simple yet complex approach seems to appeal to me. The way he can make a happy song and it still be about something sad and vice versa. This album is nothing short of everything I just described. You have the deep meaning in songs, you have the nice matching guitar work, and you have his comforting singing voice. Rateliff manages to have many different sounds on this album while still sticking to the indie/folk roots. There are certain songs such as "Right On" that kinda sounds like a Frank Sinatra song redone in a folk way. Then you have some songs like "Laborman"  that sounds more like a rock/blues song. Although he has made music with Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats and it follows the same genre his solo stuff just sounds different to me. I love the Night Sweats music too, but his solo stuff seems more intimate and folky to me and the Night Sweats seems more big band/full band sounding. Fans of one will normally be fans of both music acts. When it really comes down to it this album is just a nice album to fully listen to. Song one all the way to song eleven is a delight and nice to listen to. I recommend this album to anyone that loves folk/indie music. I give this album 👤👤👤👤👤out of five! Extravagant!

Favorite Tracks!
  1. When Do You See
  2. Still Trying
  3. Three Fingers In


I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Nathaniel Rateliff.


No comments:

Post a Comment