Sunday, March 26, 2017

City and Colour - The Hurry And The Harm


March 26, 2017
City and Colour - The Hurry And The Harm

I have covered the great Dallas Green before, but not like this. This album has become one if not my favorite album of all history. My favorite album by Dallas was Little Hell which I have covered already, but this album tops that one. This album  has such great songs and such grace. It helps when you associate songs with certain people in your life that you love dearly that makes the music so much more than just music to you. This album is a great blend of acoustic and band filled music. Dallas has said he likes to make more of a band/fuller sound that I don't always tend to agree with. This album however like I said is a great mix of both. Dallas can easily take all of these songs and turn them into stripped down acoustic songs (which he has. At least on YouTube.) while still letting them occupy a fuller sound on record. All of this albums lyrics are priceless for me. Dallas knocks it out of the park again with his sensible and personable lyrics. The flawless mix and organization of this album is out of this world as well. The songs flow within eachother flawlessly. The acoustic version of Thirst will always be my favorite song of all time. The connection I have with that song is something that no one in this world would ever be able to comprehend. The person I share that song with. The sound of their voice and way we both sing it so smoothly. I've always been told I like sad music. Music that isn't happy that isn't upbeat. I don't believe that is completely true, but it isn't false either. My best friend and I share the same music taste. We both like the same artists and the same genre of music. He gravitates more towards the fast/upbeat songs. I gravitate more towards the soft/slow sad songs. I can't really explain to you why I do. I believe its because I can connect with the sad songs. The sad songs hit you where it hurts the most. The sad songs have ten times more emotion to them in my opinion. This album has many songs that are packed with tons of emotion. All of Dallas' work has tons of emotion. I recommend you listen to this album. As always shoot me a comment telling me what you want to hear, what you want reviewed, and what you think I can do better. I give this album 💣💣💣💣💣 out of five! Extravagant!


Favorite Tracks!
  1. Two Coins
  2. Ladies and Gentlemen 
  3. Death's Song



I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to City and Colour, and Dine Alone Records.
I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to City and Colour, and Dine Alone Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment