Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt



The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt
October 5, 2017


This album has been thrown around in a few conversations I've had this week so might as well review it! A few things about this album at the start. This album contains the first song from him that I heard and so happens to be (in my opinion) his best. This album has everything you would hope and expect from TMOE. It has the classic banjo guitar mixed with the fantastic songwriting and great voice. This album in particular seems to flow all through the album like it is one big song. All the songs seem to compliment each other. "The Wild Hunt" the first song starts with that fast banjo type guitar then builds to include tricky back and forth melodies. Then we get into the best song anyone has ever written. "Burden Of Tomorrow" this song has so many good lines that I can't even write them all in the blog you'll just have to go listen to it. It is so beautifully written. "The Drying Of The Lawns" is another fantastic song off this album. Not only does it have the great songwriting, but it also has very fast and picked guitar. Banjo hands on a guitar. The instrumentation is what makes this song. Then the last song I'll talk about is "Love Is All"  the first song I heard from him. I believe I found it on a Pandora radio station and I fell in love with the song. It had a love song mentality, but it certainly doesn't sound like a love song to me. It's so powerful. As is all of his songs though. Everyone needs to give this guy a listen to! I give this album 🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬 out of five! Extravagant! 


Favorite Tracks!

  1. Burden Of Tomorrow
  2. The Drying Of The Lawns
  3. You're Going Back


I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to The Tallest Man On Earth and Dead Oceans Records




Don't forget to check out the video on this review!


No comments:

Post a Comment