Sunday, June 18, 2017

Daniel Romano - Come Cry With Me


June 18, 2017
Daniel Romano - Come Cry With Me



It took me a very long time to figure out what album I wanted to review today, but considering I have been in a Daniel Romano mood lately I figured I might as well do it on this album. I have been in love with a lot of Romano's old work. It really sounds old country styled. Stuff from before the modern/pop country pandemic. Not only does Romano have that old country sound he also has a fantastic ability to make simple yet complex songs. His songwriting is so unique it seems like he is a modern day Bob Dylan. Just like all the other albums I've heard from Romano he keeps up with the heartbreak theme. Heartbreak form many avenues. The first song "Middle Child" he sings about a mother leaving him (the middle child) and loving his older sister and younger brother, but not him. Just like in every other Romano album he has to have a clever "in your face" song I think. The song on this album that accomplishes that has to be "I'm Not Cryin Over You" he sings about crying and his past lover thinking it is about her, but he claims he has a part in a movie where he has to play a broken hearted man. "Chicken Bill" is a very unique song. It's more of a talk story than a song. It has a nice sound and a nice beat to it that makes you want to kinda just tap your toes. Although it is a different kinda silly song. "When I Was Abroad" is a nice song that I like very much.... Well after you get past the first twenty seconds or so. There is a weird monologue that just kinda gives me the heebie jeebies. "Just Before The Moment" is another song about pain. How he loves a woman so much yet she is loving someone else. Something I'm sure everyone has experienced at list a little bit of. I understand Romano is such a unique flavor that not everyone will be into it, but just give it a try. Try to listen to the marksmanship that is his musical prowess. I give this album 🐼🐼🐼🐼 out of five! Extravagant! 


Favorite Tracks!
  1. I'm Not Crying Over You
  2. Just Before The Moment
  3. Middle Child


I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Daniel Romano, and Normaltown Records.




No comments:

Post a Comment