Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Coheed and Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade




June 14, 2017
Coheed and Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade 


The debut album by Coheed and Cambria! This was the album! The first song I heard by Coheed and Cambria was "Devil In Jersey City" the song that started it all for me! I fell in love with that song and the band. Although "Second Stage Turbine Blade" wasn't the first album I bought by Coheed it was the one that introduced me to the band. We all know where I am at now with my love for the band so obviously they did something right! This album is a sound that was new and fresh to me. It had so much to offer to such young and impressionable ears like mine. Everything that Coheed is and what they would form into was in that album. There was so much in this album to get excited about and hopefully after this review if you hadn't heard this album yet you will want to! Like many other Coheed albums the first song is an instrumental. I use the term "instrumental" lightly, because its more just sound. That song leads into the real first song of the album "Time Consumer" a nice song that kicks off with pounding kick drum (no pun intended) that build the song up and gets you primed to listen! "Devil In Jersey City" is the next song which I have said before was the first song by Coheed I had ever heard so obviously I'm a little partial. I remember coming home from school and turning on Fuse TV and seeing the music video for this song. "Everything Evil" is the next song and one of my most favorite songs of theirs to date! I really came to love the song even more when I saw it preformed on Guitar Center Sessions and seeing how awesome the song was preformed. A lot of Coheed is like that, they put on such great shows you tend to love the live versions more. That's rare. The thing that tends to gravitate me towards this album is Josh. Josh Eppard is the drummer for Coheed and his drumming style gets me pumped and hyped every time. It's loud and in your face. Heavy on the toms. "33" is classic Coheed to me. "Punch and run" type of guitar with the spastic drums. You won't be able to find a more steady song in their repertoire. "Junesong Provision, Neverender, and God Send Conspirator" finish out the album and are also some of favorite Coheed songs of all time. I made a list a year or two back ranking all the Coheed songs, but I can't remember the order off the top of my head. Even this being their first official album you wouldn't be able to tell. The workmanship on this album is perfect and the sound of everything is all I've ever wanted from Coheed. It will never replace IKSSE3, but it is a close second! I give this album 🐝🐝 out of five.....


JUST KIDDING! I give this album 🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇 out of five! Extravagant!


Favorite Tracks!
  1. Everything Evil
  2. Junesong Provision 
  3. Neverender 



I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Coheed and Cambria, and Equal Vision Records.





6 comments:

  1. I find your taste in music cleverly captious. Keep up the good work stranger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I hope you enjoy the blog!

      Delete
  2. I am always looking for new music to listen to. I'm going to see what all you have recommended so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all kinds of stuff on here and I'm always up for suggestions!

      Delete
  3. You have an oddly-familiar face. But I will def post suggestions. I'm at work, but I'll jot some good ones down when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess I didn't realize you were familiar with the Lafayette area. I used to work in Lafayette maybes that's why!

      Delete