Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Shallou - All Becomes Okay



Shallou - All Becomes Okay
July 18, 2017


Sure I have done many of many of many blogs, but none like this. Just wait this one will send you for a loop (also this is something I like to do so I might continue to throw some of these in here.) This genre of music is different. House/indie/ambient music. Say what???? Tyler will write about more than folk/americana and alt rock/prog rock? Yes! I love all music so I will always try to branch out! Also side note did you guys know that Spotify links with Genius and will give you lyrics and facts about a band while the song plays? It's awesome. Anyway.... This is my first time experiencing Shallou and I am pretty impressed. Let me back up a little bit though. This isn't EDM or Dubstep or that nasty rave grunge shit. Just simple nice ambient music with some beats. Sure the songwriting in this type of music and this EP isn't the most complex lyrically, but there is just something about the way it sounds. Funny how a song/album with none to very little words can make you feel something. It still hits you in the soul. It still gets you to appreciate the craftsmanship and effort. I don't think I can really review individual songs like I normally do, but I can kinda review the EP in a whole. It all kinda has the same tone. Something like it belongs in an anime show or something. Sounds so cerebral and outer-spacey. One of my first introductions to music like this was the album "Metropolis Remixed" By The M Machine and it had some of the same qualities. Out of this world sounds. I don't mean out of this world as in downright amazing I mean out of this world as in it sounds like it belongs to aliens. If you aren't a music snob (which most of the time I am too) and think that something that doesn't contain consistent vocals and instruments isn't music then I know you can appreciate it. Maybe even us music snobs can too if we agree to just listen. What a strange concept. To just listen. Isn't that what pretty much any self respecting artist is wanting to achieve? No self respecting artist makes something without having heart and meaning behind it. So listen and maybe you'll catch on to what they were feeling. That goes for all music and art for that matter. Just pay attention. If you can't find what they were feeling then maybe it can help you find what you're feeling or help you escape what you're feeling. Amazing how music without words can evoke such feelings in your gut. Try it out and I promise you will find something to take from it. I give this album 🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊 out of five! Extravagant!


Favorite Tracks!
  1. . . . Love
  2. Begin
  3. Truth


I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Shallou (Joe Boston.)







No comments:

Post a Comment