Sunday, March 4, 2018

Elton John - Honky Chateau



March 4, 2018
Elton John - Honky Chateau 


This album has so much resonance on so many levels. It all starts with my mother and I, and one sweet lady. My Nanna. My Nanna loved Elton John. Now she wasn't actual blood relation, but she was so close to my mom that I grew up always knowing her as Nanna. I would hear her sing and jam to Elton as much as she breathed. It was so refreshing and it also got me started on my music passion. She passed away quite some time ago, but I still see her and feel her whenever I hear Elton's music. Fast forward many years. I am twenty three and visiting my friend and uncle(he is practically my brother) and he as a newborn son. He tells me to play Rocket Man because his son loves that song. I play that song and his son is dancing... we are all dancing in the living room. His son, his two nieces' his girlfriend, and I. We are all getting down to this amazing music. I start to think how content I am with how I was feeling in that moment. If only I had my own little family to do that with. Except my kids and I will be jamming out to Deer Tick or Coheed (haha.) Much time has past since I last did a blog. I am sorry. I bought a house, got a puppy, and have been busy with work. All I know is that I am ready to get back to writing about the music I love. I love all kinda of music. Some of that just so happens to be by Englishmen from the seventies. I am sitting here writing this blog while my puppy is now damn near a year old (he was like three months in my last blog.) I realized this blog brought me way more happiness than I had originally thought. Everything that happened in the past to this music, and everything that happened tonight to it. I am really feeling these tunes. I obviously don't have to tell you guys' about this guy or this album. Chances are you all know it already. I mean its Elton John for goodness sakes. All I have to say about this album is to just listen to it. Obviously its rough. I mean it was recorded in the seventies, but the music still speaks for itself. This would be an album I would want to own on vinyl. I am sure it sound ten times better on vinyl. I will be completely honest with you. Aside from Honky Cat, Rocket Man, and Amy I just don't know the rest of this album. I am about four songs into this album as I a writing these very words (10:16.) I will keep you all updated as I go. I apologize in advance. It is going to take me a few posts to get back into writing in a nice organized manner. So as I will continue as I am working through the album. I am on the song Amy now. These last three songs will be where I learn. I have never heard of them. I don't think. Now that I have heard the last two songs of this album I think I am about ready to rap this review up. Overall its a fantastic album and everyone should give it a whirl. I give this album 🎹🎹🎹 out of five! Extravagant!


Favorite Tracks!
  1. Honky Cat
  2. Hercules 
  3. Rocket Man


I do not own any of the pictures or songs associated with this review. All rights belong to Coheed And Cambria and Columbia Records. 



No comments:

Post a Comment